The White Ribbon Campaign in Europe
Breaking Down the Walls of Silence
Men Working to End Men's Violence Against Women
EuroWRC is a resource centre and a European network of institutional
NGOs and individuals.
It is a project whose goal is to mobilise and educate men for
of adopting concrete measures to eliminate violence against
It is also an inventory of research on male issues around violence
a state of mind directed towards a culture of peace and a
(general support and partnership)
The White Ribbon Campaign
St. E., Suite 1600
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3L4, Canada
Fax: 1 (416) 920-1678
against women is perhaps
the most shameful human rights violation.
It knows no
boundaries of geography,
culture or wealth.
As long as it continues, we cannot
claim to be making real progress towards equality, development, and peace."
Annan, United Nations Secretary-General
The individual responsability
men, never to :
... commit violence
... condone violence
... remain silent about violence
What can I do?
Tips proposed by WRC Canada :
You can volunteer for any of the ongoing White Ribbon
activities which include:
- Mens' Discussion & Support Groups
- Speakers' Bureau Presentations - making community educational
presentations at schools, service groups, trade unons, and religious institutions.
- Public Demonstrations
- Organizing the Annual Remembrance which helps our communities to
remember those who died as a result of a man's violence (December 6)
- Fundraising efforts to support the work of White Ribbon Network
- Promote national projects like a 24-Hour Men's Hotline to help counsel and refer violent-prone men to resources for
- White Ribbon Canada- information - questionnaire - MARCH 2001
WHITE RIBBON [email@example.com
The Daphne Programme from the European
Daphne II Programme to combat violence against children, young people and
Directorate General for Justice and Home Affairs