Conference Mission Statement:
This conference strives to be a part of a movement
towards the elimination of male privilege, domination and sexism by
creating dialogue, educating ourselves, and inspiring action.
- What is patriarchy and how is it interlocked with
white supremacy, colonialism, heterocentrism, classism, capitalism,
ageism, ableism, anti-Semitism, speciesism, and all other forms of
- What are the practices and results of male
domination, privilege and sexism?
- What does it mean to be a woman or man in
patriarchal cultures? How do these roles limit us? If we could get out
of these roles, what kind of folks would we like to be?
- What does it mean to be intersex and/or trans/
and/or genderqueer in patriarchal cultures? What does it mean to be
lesbian, bisexual, or gay in patriarchal cultures?
- How do we go about answering these questions?
Through presentation, dialogue, and
performance we hope to broach these questions with intellect and
emotion, furthering an understanding of ourselves and the complexity
and interconnectedness of oppressions.